GUIDES TO THE COSTA ÁRTABRATHE MOST IN-DEPTH INFORMATION ABOUT EACH OF THE TERRITORIES THAT MAKE UP THIS CHARMING COASTAL REGION
One of the most outstanding features of the Costa Ártabra is its incredible environmental diversity. Each of the four districts that make up this coastal region is marked by the presence of a main river, the very same rivers that shaped the rías. Although united by a common legendary past in the Artabrian culture, each of these districts has its own historical trajectory and a entirely different landscape that makes each stand apart from the other: the medievalism and the intense nature of the Pontedeume; the ambience of the Marina and the naval industry in Ferrol and Fene; the raw, incomparable landscape of the Valdoviño's coast and its sprawling sea beaches;
the striking beauty of the Ría de Cedeira
and the spectacular cliffs of Cabo Ortegal at the limits of the Artabrian territory; the charming beaches and carefully curated leisure areas of Oleiros and Miño; the local seafaring culture of Ares and Mugardos; the stunning nature of Betanzos and Paderne with one of the most beautiful fluvial ecosystems in Galicia; the seaside flavour of Sada and its leisure port; the surfing beaches of Arteixo and the rich history of the most important city in the Costa Ártabra, Coruña, ancient stronghold of the Spanish Empire, one of its main colonial ports and home of the Tower of Hercules (World Heritage Site since 2009), the ancient Roman lighthouse that has guided navigation in the Costa Ártabra for more than 2,000 years.
A passion for the road and the desire to discover the natural secrets of the Galician coast, it´s history and the root of its most authentic culture: this is what defines the leitmotiv of Northwest Rock Travel Guides. And above all, the freedom that comes with having everything you need in your hands in order to have the best experience travelling the Costa Ártabra, whether by motorbike, car, 4x4, RV or boat.
NRTG' s products provide you with the most relevant information about each of the territories of the Costa Ártabra. History, art and landscape are channelled through NRTG' s guides as through a prism, where the reflection exposes the essence that makes each corner of this region of the Galician Atlantic coast stand apart. 245 km of coast, 6 natural protected spaces, more than 50 beaches and all of Artabrian history and culture as never as seen before.
CHARACTERISTICS OF NRTG' s PRODUCTS:
- 1. In-depth information that fuses history, tradition, art, cuisine and sports. Detailed portrayals of the main cities and villages of the Costa Ártabra, guided routes through the most important historic city centres, thorough descriptions of the beaches (both tourist and virgin beaches), sporting activities available (scuba diving points, fishing areas, horseback trails, kayaking, spearfishing, etc.), surf/wind information and guided tours through the main sectors of the natural protected areas.
- 2. Thorough photographic reports and carefully crafted high-quality design.
- 3. Faithfully drawn topographical maps that mark the optimal routes to explore each part of the Costa Ártabra, highlighting geographical names, the main historical sites to visit and the best lookout points. Maps that outline the optimal route to take through all historical centres of the principal cities, as well as detailed maps of the most remarkable beaches and their tourist services (including place to eat nearby).
- 4. Complete list of lodging, car rental, sports, artisan crafts, transportation, useful telephone numbers and detailed calendar of festivals an events throughout the months of June, July and August.
- 5. Although NRTG's guides have not been designed specially for walking the St. James' Way, the information provided they contain is entirely useful for every pilgrim in orden to more profoundly experience the historical enviroment of this route to Santiago de Compostela.
NORTHWEST ROCK TRAVEL GUIDES would like to thank all of the researchers for their work over time in their respective disciplines (history, archaelogy, philology, art). These individuals have made an enormous effort to recreate the genuine history and cultural tradition of Galicia and, through their writing and research, have contributed in great or small measure, providing new information and new perspectives in the development of NRTG products.